Friday, March 7, 2014

Cricket at Riwaka

On the weekend we went to Riwaka to play cricket.  We played against Nelson girls.  They batted first.  I got a maiden over.  They meant they got no runs off the over that I did/  In the end they got 190.

Me and  started the batting.  Daniel faced a few then he got out.  Then I faced a few then I got out for a duck.  Then Pax came in and hit a four.  Then he got out.  They had a person more than us so I got too come back in and I started to hit it.  Then I realized that there were two balls left so on the second to last ball I hit it for a four then on the last ball I hit for a six.  Then we had to go find it in the bush.  It took a while to find it but we did.  We lost by 84 runs but we got 106 so that's pretty good for us.

By Daniel

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Room 6 author,

You have provided lots of specific details of the recount of your game of cricket. I am not familiar with cricket. What is a duck in cricket?

Miss Turner
Room B Class teacher
Turaki Primary School

Anonymous said...

Hi
Thats looks like fun I also love cricket I play in a school team in Manawatu Premiership grade. last weekend we played levin they batted first and made164 in 25 overs. I was opening the order I got out for a royal duck (that means out first ball of the innings).We lost all out for 111. Maybe we could play you school this year ?

Jayden
Room 14
Ross intermediate
Palmerston North

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel that sounds like that was a great for you but you should tell us some more about your day playing Cricket at Riwaka

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel it sounds like you had a very good time at cricket and but you could probably be able to add a bit more information about your games.
Wiremu Lipsham
Ross Intermediate

8B SHS said...

That looks like lots of fun! We play Cricket at home with are cousins.

Anonymous said...

Hi I really like this blog it has inspired me to keep on reading and reading. Could you please put on a bit more because I would like to keep on reading?
Thanks
Wiremu
Ross Intermediate

Kaylee said...

Hi
That sounds like you had a great time.Bad luck that you lost though, I've never really been into cricket myself but it sounds like fun. Do you play for a group? what did your team score?

Kaylee
Ross Intermediate
Palmerston North
New Zealand